Last week I showed you progress on Mia’s Mermaid Costume. I was able to sew the mermaid bodice together, and now, I’ve got the makings of a beautiful bride…
I draped the front bodice first. I was looking at my sketch and the patterns, and I felt it needed something more. So I bought some organza and started playing around with it. Using it as a contrast fabric over the self (glitter polyester satin). I ended up draping pintucks and embellishing the bodice with these mini flower bows, accented with a plastic pearl.
Flowers up close
Then, off to the sewing machine this went! I sewed the pin tucks in place, and sewed the whole bodice piece together.
Glitter Polyester Satin
I have the lining to do, and then the skirt. I’m saving the embellishment for later. I want to have most of the dress constructed so that I know where the flowers will be placed.
Make It Work!